Want to sell your Property?

Residential Sales with Martin McGowan Properties Donegal

Unique client focused approach of Martin McGowan Properties has brought a wealth of experience and customer care to the Property Market.

To speak to us or to get advise on buying/selling a house, contact Martin McGowan today on 074 91 90090

Get in touch

Items required to facilitate a sale

From the outset there is a checklist of items required which are of critical importance to avoid a delay in the legal process.

Your solicitor can assist in guiding you through the assembly of this check list of items and steer you in the direction of the best source of where to obtain these items.

Examples of items required are as follows:

  • BER
    Energy rating for your property, this is needed prior to a property going on the market.
  • Local Property Tax
    If your home is your principal home then you will need what is known as N.P.P.R exemption certificate for the years 2009 to 2013.
  • Property Deeds
    You will also need to locate your deeds to enable your solicitor to draft contracts, have account numbers for your mortgage and a redemption figure.
  • Septic Tank
    If you have a septic tank you need to have it registered, you may also need to have it emptied by a registered waste treatment operator and have a cert / receipt to proof same.
  • Boundaries
    These need to reflect on the ground to that on the land registry or registry of deeds maps.
  • Planning permission
    You will need a copy of your planning permission & plans if the property is built after September 1964, you will also require a certificate of compliance from an architect or engineer. Extensions or alterations may require retention of planning permission, an architect will advise.
  • P.P.S Number
    To sell a property in S. Ireland you will require a P.P.S. number from Revenue, we strongly advise that if you don't have one you apply online as opposed to applying by mail, the time difference is significant.
  • Management Charges
    If you property falls under a management company i.e. an apartment within a block, you will need recent management account and proof that you are paid up to date.
  • Local Authority
    You need to establish if your property has access to a public road and if its within a development you need to know if that developments roads and services are adopted by the local authority.

This list is not exhaustive, your solicitor can guide you with most of it and only when the above headings which are relevant to you are addressed can your solicitor be in a position to draft contracts of sale.

Off market deals

In some instances either a seller or a buyer may want to carry out their transaction on an off market basis, the reasons for this can vary and we don't get caught up in too much of the detail of why, we respect our clients wishes and we can assist them to the best of our ability in a low profile and discrete manner.

This process can actually benefit both parties very well despite what popular opinion may think and with the absence of internet exposure and signage we rely on our extensive data base of clients to match buyers and sellers and to achieve a mutually beneficial result.

Get in touch

Please check you have entered all details correctly: